- be at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of filing;
- possess a U.S. High School Diploma, possess a GED, have passed a California High School Proficiency Examination or have attained a two-year, four-year, or advanced degree from an accredited college or university;
- have satisfactorily completed the Sheriff’s Training Academy or an equivalent California POST Certified Academy;
- be currently working as a law enforcement officer for a California agency and have passed probation with that agency, and;
- possess a valid California driver license at time of appointment.
- To apply on-line, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/jobs. If you prefer to fill out a paper application form, please call (805) 654-5129 for application materials and submit them to County of Ventura Human Resources, 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970, Ventura, CA 93009.
Note to Applicants: It is essential that you complete all sections of your application and supplemental questionnaire thoroughly and accurately to demonstrate your qualifications. A resume and/or other related documents may be attached to supplement the information in your application and supplemental questionnaire; however, it/they may not be submitted in lieu of the application.SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE – qualifying: All applicants are required to complete and submit the questionnaire for this examination AT THE TIME OF FILING. The supplemental questionnaire may be used throughout the examination process to assist in determining each applicant’s qualifications and acceptability for the position. Failure to complete and submit the questionnaire will result in the application being removed from consideration. APPLICATION EVALUATION – qualifying: All applications will be reviewed to determine whether or not the stated requirements are met. Those individuals meeting the stated requirements will be invited to continue to the next step in the screening and selection process.